Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Midnight in Paris

Love this poster!  Also, the film was pas mal.  It's kind of like the poster, which is pretty, colorful, whimsical and charming.  It's not "Annie Hall," "Manhattan" or even "Vicky Christina Barcelona."   (I am a huge fan, but a bit picky about my favorites.)  That said, however, my smile muscles had a workout, and I felt warm all over after.  In a light way, the movie implores us to live our genuine lives, find our dreams and follow them, perhaps even giving up security, status, money and convention along the way.  And the movie, again lightly, acknowledges through disapproving and disbelieving family members that such a path can alienate  those same folks (as if life's not hard enough!).   On the other hand, it is entirely possible that the movie didn't say all those things and that it's just a simple comedy.  And, if so, well, that was just my take.  Perhaps I was simply making the whole thing up in order to fulfill my own dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment