Monday, May 30, 2011

You Know You Want To!

Been there, done that, thank you very much.  Fun once (actually twice), both times taking my breath away (oh yeah, that was the panic, as well as the view - ocean when I did it at a Club Med, but did I even look?).  However, if you're interested and prefer the NYC view, it's the Trapeze School, on the West Side Highway at Pier 40.  Seriously (well, how serious can I be talking about a trapeze school that's on top of a West Side New York pier?).

In fact, it is one of those memorable things one does that makes you smile and relive the panic simultaneously.  Can we say that about many things?  When most of my memory is gone, I'm betting that I'm not going to forget what it felt like to step off the tiny platform, after climbing the ladder never looking down, as my hands took that swinging bar into a death grip (sorry use of that word in this context).  I believe I was pushed off the platform, but that's another story.

One thing I love about New York City is how it works on so many levels - highway/bike lane at street level, then Pier 40 of Hudson River Park (housing ball fields), and above it all, this cool trapeze school.  Best view in town, I'm sure, if you can stop swinging long enough to look...or open your eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment