Saturday, July 2, 2011

Les Soldes - New York version

Ooh la la, les soldes!  If you love Paris and you love shopping, you'll know what I'm talking about.  It's July; it's time for the summer sales.  Lucky for us in NYC, we also have them here - the sales and a couple of the great Parisian shops I love.  

My all-time favorite is agnès b.  Straight-forward, high-quality, classic and iconic Parisian sportswear - I guess it could be said that it's Paris's answer to J. Crew and Gap.  


Next up, my new (second) favorite this year, which I've shopped in Paris on place Saint Sulpice (unbelievably mobbed during les soldes), is Comptoir des Cotonniers.  


They recently have attacked New York City with three boutiques, the last one opening only two weeks ago on Madison Avenue, in the 80s, a stone's throw, in fact, from agnès b. 

Shop those two back-to-back and, for a few bons moments, you're almost in the Sixième (even after you get your credit card bill, all but for the currency exchange fee).  And, as usual, in the name of research, bien sur, I did a bit of birthday shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment